π Keeping It Real: Trusting God With My Health Journey
π Keeping It Real: Trusting God With My Health Journey π
One thing I have learned on this health journey is that keeping a positive attitude is not always easy.
When you're trying to lose weight, get healthier, and take better care of yourself, it can feel discouraging when your body doesn't seem to cooperate. Some days it feels like I'm doing everything I know to do, yet the scale doesn't move, my energy isn't where I want it to be, or my body just seems to be refusing to get in line.
Then you add medications like Prednisone, Type 1 Diabetes, hypothyroidism, and other health issues into the mix, and it can make the journey even harder. Some medications can increase your appetite, cause your body to hold onto fluid, or make it more difficult to lose weight. That can be frustrating, but I refuse to let frustration win.
Instead, I am choosing to focus on progress instead of perfection.
I am doing what I know to do.
I am making healthier choices.
I am moving my body as I am able.
I am listening to my doctors.
Most importantly, I am listening to what God is instructing me to do.
I've learned that this isn't just about losing weight—it's about honoring the body God has given me. My goal is to become healthier so I can serve Him, love my family well, and encourage others who are walking through similar battles.
The Bible reminds us in Galatians 6:9:
π "Let us not grow weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."
That verse encourages me because it reminds me that results don't always happen overnight. Sometimes God is working on our character while He's also working on our circumstances.
The Bible also says:
π 1 Corinthians 6:19-20
"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit... Therefore honor God with your bodies."
Every healthy choice we make is one way of honoring the body God has entrusted to us.
Some days I'll feel strong.
Some days I'll feel tired.
Some days I'll celebrate victories.
Some days I'll have setbacks.
But I am not quitting.
I believe that in God's perfect timing, I will see the results. They may not happen as quickly as I would like, but I trust that every healthy choice is another step in the right direction.
I'm learning that success isn't measured only by a number on the scale. Success is choosing not to give up. Success is getting back up after a hard day. Success is trusting God even when I can't yet see the results.
So if you're struggling with your health today, don't be discouraged. Keep taking one step at a time. Give yourself grace. Celebrate the small victories. Keep praying. Keep believing. Keep moving forward.
God isn't finished with you, and He's not finished with me either.
π Isaiah 40:31
"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."
Today, I choose faith over frustration.
I choose hope over discouragement.
I choose to trust God's timing.
And I believe that what He has started in me, He will be faithful to complete.
Have a blessed day, and remember—our journey may be slow, but with God leading the way, every step has purpose. ππ

Comments
Post a Comment